Welcome to Language Arts 6 ELD!
In this class, your child will learn how to read, write, speak and listen in English. In every class, we practice phonics, read stories, speak aloud and participate. Students should speak in English as much as they can, and if they need help with translations, we have Portuguese word-to-word dictionaries and we have Portuguese Native Language tutor, Ms. Raquel Cezar.
This is our textbook:
Each week your child will have a homework packet that includes reading and writing about the topic we are studying. All homework packets are due on Friday.
How you can help your child at home:
· Read at home in English or Portuguese
· Watch TV or movies in English
· Listen to a book on CD in English (available for free at the Framingham Public Library)
· Visit the Framingham Public Library together to check out books
· Write letters to each other every day, week, month…
· Practice speaking English together!
If you have any questions, please contact Mae Waugh Barrios